Sunday 27 June 2010

Wiveton Hall Fruit Farm , Norfolk

Today was apparently the hottest day of the year, and anyone who has seen my lobster red chest will be able to support that claim. Despite four applications of after sun my chest remains the deep red of the strawberries I picked today. Lucy and I had an adventure day, we went strawberry picking, then to two different beaches and finally to Felbrigg, the car was like being in a suana and now smells deliciously of ripe strawberries.

Strawberry Fields

Wiveton hall fruit farm is ( I assume) part of the Wiveton Hall estate, field after field is decorated with ankle high hedges that bare some of the biggest strawberries I have ever seen, I swear one strawberry I picked was almost the size of a cricket ball. They tasted amazing as well, so much better than shop brought ones, Lucy ate so many as she was picking them that she felt sick. 

Strawberry plants

Strawberry pickers


Our strawberries

Above is the punnet we filled with strawberries, although it may not look it, this punnet was the same size as a large shoe box, and although I don't know how much it weighed, it came to the price of £8.60. I don't know much about strawberries but the price was justified by the produce, and was certainly better value for money that the meagre amount you buy per box in tesco for £3.99 a time.


Shop and tearoom

This is the tearoom area at Wiveton, it serves breakfast, cakes and hot and cold drinks, on friday and saturday nights it also serves dinner. There is also a shop that sells jams other preserves made with the fruit grown and Wiveton, and pottery made by local artists. Emma Bridgewater seconds are also sold there. After our back breaking work strawberry picking, Lucy and I decided to reward ourselves with a slice of cake and a drink.  

Inside the beautiful tearoom, I want this room

Outdoor seating

No comments:

Post a Comment