Tuesday 8 June 2010

Odds Farm, Wooburn Green, High Wycombe

4/6/2010

So me and Joe have been wanting to go to Odds farm for roughly three years, ever since he started uni and we realised High Wycombe didn't have much else to offer after you've seen the chair museum. Why did we want to go so much? Sheep racing. That's why. Teddy bear "jockeys" are tied on to various sheep and then the sheep are chased around a race course, while being forced to hurl themselves over jumps for the sick amusement of the paying visitors. The pictures on the website looked amazing. We were ridiculous excited.


House next to Odds Farm, best decorated house ever

This house was the first thing we saw when we arrived, I'm torn between loving and hating the paint job. Big tick for originality, but big cross for idiocy so it balances itself out to indifference I think. Thats not true, I do quite admire it.

Incredibly cute foal

Anyway after paying £9(!) to get in, we purchased animal feed and started wondering around the paddock. There were lots of baby animals too see, but most of the paddocks had double fencing around them, which was annoying because it means you couldn't get close enough to stroke most of the animals. I realise this is for safety reasons, so the animals are less likely to escape but also so that people don't get injured by the animals. But since its quite expensive to get in, its not really value for money. I'm probably just moaning, if id been the recommend age group (5-10) which the farm tries to attract, I wouldn't have been so bitter because they have a several really good play grounds and mini motorized tractors to go on. 

I was too big to go on these. I was jealous. I still am.

Lazy Pigs!

chicken with hat

Easiest maze in the world

After we had wondered around for a while, we stumbled upon the worlds easiest maze (yes I know its designed for children). We had to find the sheep inside, they weren't real sheep of course, just cardboard ones named things like 'Flossy' and 'Snowy'.


Mini Golf

Next we played mini gold, I don't know who won, we were all pretty bad, but i did finish first - so I count that as a victory for me.



Escapee goat

Baby Goats

Donkeys



Baby rabbits



sheep



Goats doing a crazy head dance to get food

Hiding piglet

left behind

In the end we didn't see the sheep racing, we had to leave at 2pm and it wasn't on till 3.30. We were pretty gutted, I hope we go back sometime. It was a fun day out, it's probably more fun for children than grown ups, but that's not surprising really.

No comments:

Post a Comment