Sunday 27 June 2010

Overstrand Beach, Norfolk


After the non-event that was Weybourne beach we decided to go explore some place else. I suggested Cromer Lighthouse and so off we went, there was however, one slight problem, I didn't know how to get to cromer light house. We drove along the coast road for a bit, and turned off at Overstand because I thought it might be there. It wasn't. We walked along the cliffs and saw what an amazing colour blue the water was and how beautiful the almost empty beach was and decided to go for a walk on the beach instead of find the light house.

View of beach from the cliff: Look at the colour of the sea!


Beach with the tide going out

I found a massive rock pool type thing and decided to wade across it - bad idea. It was deeper than I thought so I abandoned the mission and we dumped our bags and shoes and scampered off to play in the sea.

Lucy running into the sea - my favourite picture of the day


Jumping over waves

It was so WARM! That must have been a mark of how hot the day was , it actually made the sea hospitable. Lucy dashed off and started jumping over the waves. We walked along the beach for ages, splashing in the waves, wishing we had brought buckets and spades to make sand castles. 

Children in the sea

Mussels on the breakers

The beach was almost empty which I was surprised about, because it was a weekend and I assumed it would be packed on the hottest day of the year. There were quite a few children, but not enough badly behaved ones to annoy us, they were kept well out of our way as they were in the sea and we were just paddling. As the sea went out, we walked around the groins and saw all the mussels stuck to them, I couldn't believe how many of them all stick to one little area, you think they would spread out a bit! Lucy started dreaming of the Moules et Frites she had in France last year.


More beach shots


No comments:

Post a Comment