Friday 7 May 2010

Long Sands, Tynemouth

I walked along the cliffs to the sea front to the next beach , which is over looked by the Tynemouth Priory ruins.


View of beach looking towards Cullercoats bay

View of beach toward Tynemouth


Whitley bay is an incredible beach, long and sandy and empty. No little stones, although there were some bigger ones hiding under the sand which I almost fell over on several occasions. There was a massive quantity of foam along the shore line, it was like someone had emptied a bottle of bubble bath into the ocean. That or some horrible type of fish sperm.... I'm going to say it was bubble bath as I definitely trod in it more than once.


Bubble bath.. Sea foam...

or fish sperm?

There were also some mentalists on the beach - or surfers as they are more commonly known. It may be May, the sun may be out, I may be sunburnt but this does not mean that the water is warm enough to actually enjoy! The FOOLS! They seemed to spend most of their time falling off anyway, which is what I did the one time I tried it. Not that I'm jealous of their surf skills or anything...

Surfers on the beach

View of the beach from cliff tops

Tulips

No comments:

Post a Comment