Friday 7 May 2010

Cullercoats Bay

next week is deadline week, I have practically a whole research folder for photography to do and research for a debate on Shakespeare... YAWN. Since the sun has decided to grace us with his presence, I've had bugger all motivation and today was no exception.

Rather than sitting at home doing some work, or watching the elections results come up on the bbc website to see just how screwed this country is going to be for the next 4 years, I decided to head into Newcastle and go to the farmers market to take some pictures.

As normal on these adventure days, the sun duly shone, although somehow I managed to avoid burning - always a plus. I go bored of Newcastle and its crowds relatively quickly and after studying the metro map decided to head off to 'The Coast'. I wanted to go to whitley Bay, where I tried to go the other week and take some pictures of the priory ruins on the cliffs.

I got of at Cullercoats.. which I shouldn't have done as I needed the stop before to get to whitley Bay, but I walked along the beach and tried to retrace my steps rather than get the metro.

Cullercoats bay from the surrounding cliffs

Cullercoats bay is a horse shoe shaped beach filled with beautiful soft sand and best of all it was litter free and deserted. Hahaha for all you children stuck in school. Anyway below are some pictures. This blog will be split in to 3/4 posts because I went to several different places today and don't to make this blog epically long.

Sandy beach in the bay

The tide line at Cullercoats bay

No comments:

Post a Comment