Saturday 29 May 2010

South Shields fun fair


8/5/2010

I literally don't know why I have forgotten to blog about this, Carolina, Socks and I went back to South Shields again to go on the fun fair and play crazy gold. Socks was really excited about crazy golf, he was talking about it all week and acting like a child dizzy from eating too much sugar.


Cannibalistic Hot dog

Carolina loves brum

The fun fair was an actual rip off, for £5 we got 10 tokens, which may seem like a lot, but when the bigger rides - like the pirate ship and roller coaster - were 4/5 tokens each we soon ran out. First of all we went on the pirate ship, which was amazing, I haven't been on one of these for soooo long, since I was about 13. 

Next we went on the baby roller coaster, (not for babies just a small roller coaster). Socks and Carolina weren't scared, but I was, I almost wet my pants and had my eyes shut throughout. I am a chicken. The ride didn't last very long, but it was long enough for me.

Then we went on another ride which involved lots of spinning, I don't know what it was called, but it was my favourite. It went on for ages, and I managed to get some photos of the other two, don't they look like they are enjoying themselves?


Before the ride began


Probably my favourite photo of all time - Socks face is amazing

After we spent all out tokens, we moved on to crazy golf. Carolina proclaimed herself the best and I said I would probably come last, but when we got the results this was reversed, not to boast but I was far better than the other two! Socks was atrocious and hit the ball so hard that on 3 occasions the ball flew out of the golf course and on to the road, or into the pond.


Socks retrieving ball from the water



The whole course was pirate themed, I don't know why, but they always seem to have some thought of mental theme, I guess this is because is is CRAZY golf, and nothing is meant to make sense.

Also because adults may feel more inclined to pay the ludicrous price if it looks like some kind of effort has been made by including pirate ships and what not, rather than just a grassy fields with holes in it.

Socks returning from retrieving another ball and view of gold course

Pirate ship props

Odd barrel water feature

No comments:

Post a Comment